Siemens Senior Technical Training Specialist - Rail Automation in Munhall, Pennsylvania
Senior Technical Training Specialist - Rail Automation
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 200249
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Mobility Division:
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Rail Automation
Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
Technical Training Specialists, working with minimal supervision, support projects by addressing the training requirements of a project’s specification and submitting the required deliverables.
• Research and compile accurate training guides for students and instructors covering the hardware and subsystems provided by Siemens for each project. This includes interfacing with Engineering personnel, creating training material, researching data, creating Powerpoint™ presentations, and participating in the formal review process.
• Creating general and/or specific training plans that outline what training is going to be developed and how it is going to be presented.
• Creating project specific training modules for the systems and equipment delivered.
• Creating or participating in the creation of a schedule for training development and presentation.
• Presenting training to customer personnel, most often at customer locations. These presentations can take the form of “Pilot Training, “Train the Trainer” sessions, Classroom training of customer personnel, Field training of customer personnel on installed equipment.
• Developing expertise in the use of training equipment and/or simulators for hands-on training in the classroom.
• Interpret project specifications to determine training requirements and schedules • Compile information about the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment delivered by the project • Attend project meetings and working group meetings to keep abreast of project status and schedules • Develop working relationships with the other project members including project managers, systems design engineers, administrative personnel, field engineers, other writers and trainers, and any relevant system integrator personnel when appropriate • Develop working relationships with customer supervisory personnel to assure that training will meet customer needs and requirements • Maintain a library of training modules from completed projects that may be used for re-training or adapted for future projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills /Education:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a technical trainer in an industrial electronics related industry.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a “minimal supervision” level role with full responsibility for training from initial plan phase to completion of on-site delivery.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Ability to travel to project sites as required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills /Education:
• Experience with Rail/Transit Industry signaling, communication, and control systems.
• Familiarization with the use of Adobe Frame Maker, Adobe Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional.
• Ability to adapt/excel in a transitional business environment.
•Military technical training would be a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .