Siemens Global Sales Operations Support Specialist in Mountain View, California
Global Sales Operations Support Specialist
Locations:Mountain View, California
Job Family: Sales
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 200423
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Responsible for supporting Siemens Ultrasound sales operations activities, including the development of business plans for critical markets and segments as well as supporting the Sales Education group. This includes development of multiple types of presentations, market analysis and business plans to support Sales. This position is part of the Global Ultrasound Sales Organization, and reports to the Director, Ultrasound Global Sales Operations.
• Work with team on overall Siemens Ultrasound sales operations activities
• Understand / interpret complex situations, making good sound problem assessments, conveying issues in a very detailed manner to allow confirmation of actions to be taken or re-direction as required.
• Work with order management to provide logistics support to Regions and ensure all options are considered for critical situations
• Work with Finance, Sales and Marketing managers to support the development of global sales programs such as install base retention, refurbished business, demo programs, escalations and special conditions as well as other requests from the Regions
• Manage Global Demo program being the key interface from HQ into the Regions and Business Partners
• Provide Global support for Business Partners
•Support Sales Education team on preparation, logistics and general support for Product Release Training, New Hire Training and Knowledge Transfer.
• Support Sales Education team on development of alternative media to deliver training such as HILS, videos (editing, creation) and Webinar.
• Must take ownership and act proactively on behalf of the internal customers within the area of responsibility and the department, ensuring that commitments are met
• Must be able to plan and prioritize activities, ensuring that both individual and departmental goals are met, while striving for continuous personal and departmental improvement
• Must possess strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Must be an active team member of the department, making a positive contribution to help improve the overall skill sets, performance, and product knowledge of the department
• Supports marketing, development, trade shows and sales activities as requested to support overall ultrasound business.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Strong presentation skills with proven ability to handle objections and mange conflict
• Proven ability to work independently and produce timely quality results on multiple projects with minimal instruction
• Up to 25% travel (may include international travel)
• USA Based position, preferred in Mountain View, CA or Issaquah, WA
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Basic knowledge of Sales processes and Siemens Ultrasound product portfolio (Clinical knowledge/experience in Cardiology, Point of Care, Breast imaging, 3D/4D and Interventional Radiology considered a plus)
• Proficient using Office software (Word, PPT, Outlook)
• Understanding of Siemens Ultrasound Portfolio, Business Area targets
• Understanding of Siemens region/ country set up
• Pulse of Markets & competitors
Job Family Responsibilities:
Complete booking of complex customer orders/revisions to orders. Complete complex sales orders/purchase orders to vendors according to customer requirements. Manage account relationships to ensure timely shipment/billing of equipment. Interface with factory and Product/Marketing groups to resolve complex configurations and technical changes. Evaluate profitability for sales orders in backlog. May determine discount rates applied at time of sale. May complete resolution of issues related to transaction quality. Manage the customer sales support process related to factory tours, product demonstrations or presentations, new product training, trade shows, field sales support, and pricing issues.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .