Siemens System Engineer I - (Design Engineer/HVAC Controls) - Mount Prospect, IL in Mount Prospect, Illinois
System Engineer I - (Design Engineer/HVAC Controls) - Mount Prospect, IL
Locations:Mount Prospect, Illinois
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 214418
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols. Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
· Design building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical wiring drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules.
· Design building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels and third-party integration devices.
· Analyze plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
· Choose the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Act as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
· Generate DDC point database and terminal equipment software on projects. Provide start-up and checkout documentation for use in commissioning and validation. Prepare engineering re-estimate and follow up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
· Prepare all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
· Order and track all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
· Participates in sales to operation turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
· Participates in initial job site walk through for retrofit projects with contractors and/or building management.
· May perform some field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills and Experience
· Knowledge of Lighting Controls is a plus, not required.
· 1-2 years engineering /systems or other related experience in DDC design is a plus, not required..
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .