Siemens Parts Coordinator - Mount Prospect, IL in Mount Prospect, Illinois
Parts Coordinator - Mount Prospect, IL
Locations:Mount Prospect, Illinois
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 210778
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Order, track, and expedite material and create and validate subcontract purchase orders for Building Automation, Fire and Security using SAP. Aid the engineering group(s) to validate bills of materials and database to help generate quality engineering submittals for the engineering group as part of the Building Technologies Division of Siemens.
· Primary responsibility is as material coordinator for construction project.
· Order, track, and expedite material using SAP.
· Obtain quotes based on plans and specifications provided by the engineering departments.
· Create and validate subcontract purchase orders by using SAP.
· Work with warehouse personnel for picking and packing of material from inventory or job stock.
· Coordinate large purchases with procurement department to optimize quote/pricing/shipping information
· Coordinate pickup or deliveries of material and supplies to the field.
· Contact vendors to obtain updated quote/pricing/shipping/technical information.
· Manage the field material return process (RMA’s), up to and including credit posted to project.
· Creates POs for subcontractors and manages paperwork related to the agreements and certificates of insurance
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High school diploma/GED Required
· Must have good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Background or experience working in the construction industry a plus
· Must have great follow up skills and ensure projects and tasks meet deadlines
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- A.S. or Tech degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .