Siemens Scientist, Sr in Mishawaka, Indiana
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 212067
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Mishawaka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Design, perform and analyze highly complex laboratory studies and experimentation supporting major product / process enhancement and transfer projects. Complex data evaluations and analyzes are inherent with the position. The position may involve systematic troubleshooting of complex reagent manufacturing formulations and processes both in individual and team-based assignments. The incumbent will act as the Tech Transfer representative for a major facility consolidation project. The estimated duration of this contract is 2 years.
Major tasks and responsibilities of position:
• Conduct and supervise analytical and reagent system test evaluations of a highly complex nature that are designed to address process enhancement and product/process troubleshooting root cause analysis as part of the project.
• Review, tabulate, and chart, etc., systems performance data generated within Technical Operations, QA, R & D, and Quality testing departments.
• Design and perform follow-up testing as required
• Provide sophisticated technical analysis of laboratory data and report results/findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Review; tabulate control chart manufacturing process data.
• Initiate process enhancement opportunities when needed
• Assure maintenance and technical correctness of manufacturing procedures
• Effectively communicate (written and oral) complex product maintenance, process development, product/process troubleshooting efforts in both intra- and inter-departmental team forums.
• Work in individual or team efforts to fully address customer satisfaction and quality expectation issues.
• Data generation, collection and manipulation must be accurate, complete and fully documented per approved department and site procedures.
• Expected to design highly complex experiments, use multiple sophisticated data analysis tools and offer valid in depth assessments of test data and system observation.
• Assist in developing and managing validations for the consolidation project.
• Manage various Product Support Team Projects
• Support new product development core teams
• The position requires highly developed and well documented systematic problem solving skills and multiple, well documented, achievements in this area.
• Work objectives/expectations will stress root cause analysis and problem resolution to complex technical issues.
• The incumbent will be involved in multiple high visibility, highest priority projects.
• Scientists must know how our test systems are perceived by our customers and be knowledgeable of competitor’s products in order to assure that our customer’s expectations are continually being met.
• BS, MA, MS or PhD in a science major
• 5-8 years of proven experience with documented significant accomplishments
• Must have a strong chemistry background.
• Must have complete understanding of good laboratory practices and good manufacturing practices including extensive knowledge of ISO and FDA process validation requirements.
• Very organized and highly self-motivated
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Highly effective and influential in his/her interactions in team-based assignments.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .