Siemens Mechanical Engineer, Senior in Mishawaka, Indiana
Mechanical Engineer, Senior
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 212068
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Mishawaka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing technical and design expertise on a production and facility consolidation project. This individual will undertake detailed engineering design of production equipment while preparing user requirements, design documentation and verification/validation protocols. Engineer will collaborate with project managers, associates, project architects and engineering consultants while attending meetings to ensure that design and project work are carried out within agreed upon deadlines and budgets. The estimated duration for this position is 2 years.
The Mechanical Engineer will report directly to the Project Manager.
• Participate in semi-complex material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up.
• Provides support in semi-complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions.
• Provides support in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of semi-complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
• Authors user requirements (URS) and validation protocols for custom production equipment.
• Establish and maintain compliance with internal corporate, ISO and FDA guidelines.
• This person will also actively participate on cross-functional teams and work to enhance the systems and procedures that result in improved packaging process. The position also requires interaction with outside material, manufacturing line, and automation/integration machine vendors. Research new and existing package compliance issues while providing project leadership and technical expertise.
• This person needs to facilitate communication with company employees, establish project plans, track, manage and provide updates in accordance with project schedule.
• Participate in the on-going evolution and enforcement of the Quality Policy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent degree, knowledge and skills in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Package Engineering)
• A minimum of four (4) years of related professional work experience and (2-3) years ISO or GMP or GLP experience.
• Some travel required with this position (5%)
• Proven experience in lean manufacturing especially with regards to process waste reduction and elimination and process improvement
• Ability to interface with diverse work groups and ability to work independently, taking initiative and driving projects to completion.
• Ability to create documentation using CAD software, Word Processing, Project Planning, Solid Works and Spread Sheet Software.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Strong emphasis on web handling, material drying processes, slitting processes, and packaging processes.
• Experience in either pharmaceutical, diagnostics or food packaging industry is desired.
• Strong background in extreme moisture control especially with sealing processes, material selection to maintain or improve current vapor barrier (MVTR) and strong background on the type and use of desiccants.
• ISO9001/ISO13485 experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .