Siemens Engineering Manager in Mishawaka, Indiana
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 213268
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Mishawaka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Seeking a highly motivated and results oriented Engineering Manager, who will be responsible for providing engineering support using a team of engineers and technicians for manufacturing of consumable medical devices in a highly automated and regulated medical device manufacturing environment.
· Provides engineering support for medical device manufacturing lines to troubleshoot or perform necessary repairs to maintain efficient operation of equipment.
· Plans department budgets for engineering and capital projects to sustain and support manufacturing lines.
· Review and approve documents for validation projects, engineering, process and material change orders as process owner.
· Work with R&D team in support of new product launches through process design and development and transfer of new products to production.
· Be compliant to plant safety rules to ensure safe operation and troubleshooting of production equipment.
· Be complaint to ISO13485, FDA and all applicable medical device regulations related to medical device manufacturing.
· Be a key participant to provide audit support and function as a process owner for engineering during audits.
· Drive continuous improvement culture within the team to improve manufacturing process and equipment performance through Kaizen, Design to cost (DTC) initiatives and TPM.
· Review assigned CAPAs and non-conformances pertaining to manufacturing process and equipment as a functional manager.
· Be a strong coach, team builder and a source of inspiration to the team who empowers the team members and be a strong force of positive influence on other cross-functional teams.
· Mentor and develop engineers/technicians to their next level positions and achieve their career goals.
· Must be willing to coordinate resources and provide engineering support for 24/7 manufacturing operations and plant shutdowns as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Bio Medical or equivalent.
· 5 to 8 years’ experience in managing engineers and technicians in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience working in CGMP regulated industries such as medical device or pharma or food industry.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in TPM with particular emphasis on pillars such as autonomous maintenance, focused improvement, quality maintenance and preventive maintenance.
· Strong lean manufacturing background with a desire to initiate and lead problem solving teams.
· Experience in project management and efficient in prioritizing projects based on resource availability.
· Understanding of process validation, calibration and measurement system analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .