Siemens Senior Electrical Engineering Sales Support in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Senior Electrical Engineering Sales Support
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 201694
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Digital Grid Sales Operations team is looking for a dynamic, creative, and highly motivated Senior Technical Proposal Lead to ensure our company continues to grow successfully in a very competitive market. This individual will partner with the business in all aspects of managing Siemens responses to complex RFIs, RFPs, unsolicited proposals, and related business development documents. The primary focus of the role will be preparing proposals and exercising project management skills to shepherd and lead cross-functional teams through the sales lifecycle from the proposal phase through to contract signature. This individual will be responsible for this work across the Digital Grid products including SCADA, EMS, ADMS, GMS, MDM, DER, Cyber Security and MGMS. This includes but is not limited to evaluating proposal requests, managing the contributing engineers’ contributions, preparation of complex bid documents, managing the timeliness, completion and overall packaging of commercial, legal and technical components and the handoff of the proposal components to project delivery team upon signature. Key working relationships for this position will be with the DG Sales Operations Proposals & Technical Sales teams, Sales and Business Development teams, Engineering, Delivery, Legal, and Finance as well as other internal and external partners.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Evaluating proposal requirements and developing a plan to deliver.
• Running qualification/kick-off and status calls with the proposal project team.
• Collaborating with in-house SME’s to gather accurate and appropriate data.
• Communicating with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to drive deadlines and deliver on schedule.
• Working with both internal and external partner networks to develop bids as a unified team.
• Maintaining a high degree of professionalism throughout each project.
• Conducting research as needed to complete assignments.
• Managing production efforts - proof read and finalize documents (Using Siemens’s style guide).
• Following proposal procedures to develop polished, professional RFPs, and an auditable trail of approvals and decisions made along the way.
• Managing opportunity financial workbook with input from stakeholders and LOA process
• Gaining high level functional understanding of products offered to input into strategic approach to offering
• Gathering and sharing market information providing feedback loop to Sales, Operations and Product teams
• The candidate may be required to travel to project sites – estimated 10% domestic travel
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Excellent cross-functional team leadership
• Knowledge of the US Smart Grid and Energy industry and products, including Grid Control software and hardware, Power Systems Consulting, and Equipment Protection and Automation Systems landscape
• 10+ years leading complex proposals and engineering teams in development, sales support or project delivery
• General knowledge of Digital Grid products and services including SCADA, EMS, ADMS, GMS, MDM, DER, MGMS, Substation Automation and consulting,
• Excellent organizational skills with managing proposals and project deliverables.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with customers and internal stakeholders.
• Expert facilitation, collaboration and influence skills
• High degree of detail orientation, with a strategic and customer-champion mindset
• Focus on production, and capability to manage through ambiguity to clarity, in order to achieve the desired goals and output from self and team members.
• Adept with Microsoft Office Applications
Additional Desired Skills
• Project Management experience including project schedules and financials
• Digital Grid implementation engineering including Solution Architecture
• Sales and/or business transaction experience
• Smart Grid Vendor, utility, or IT industry experience
• Knowledge of the global Smart Grid including Grid Control, Smart Metering, Consulting, and MDM landscape
• Public sector, government, or utility contracting or procurement experience
Location: We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
Must have authorization to work in the US permanently without sponsorship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .