Siemens Senior Database Application Engineer in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Senior Database Application Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 200081
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. The portfolio includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid solutions and high-voltage transmission systems.
For further information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Siemens Digital Grid SWS division is looking for a highly dependable and highly skilled senior level ORACLE database application developer with some of the Database Administration (DBA) skills.
Specific duties include – design, develop and troubleshoot complex ORACLE database software related to Energy Management systems, recommend solutions, perform enhancements, provide technical support, and implement modifications associated with applications.
• Active in all phases of system development; planning and analysis, design, development and testing
• Provide database architectural expertise to team concerning methods, procedures and standards to be used in the during the design and development process
• Maintain application performance and scalability; focus on performance tuning SQL queries, table design, indexing, query plan analysis
• Develop and maintain technical documentation and operational procedures for area of responsibility
• Investigate and fix defects in both the pre and post release phases
• Follow and contribute to develop team standards and utilize industry best practices
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software/computer engineering or related field and a combination of work experience
• Five years of experience with database application development using PL/SQL
• Hands on experience on creating all key database objects – Tables, views, Triggers, Indices, Stored Procedures and User defined functions etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot/resolve complex database issues
• Strong database performance tuning experience in ORACLE RDBMS
• Proficient in database modeling & design with a focus on performance and scalability
• Well versed with database application development tools like SQL developer
• Ability to travel up to 10% of time
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to achieve results within tight deadlines
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent team player
• Ability to lead development, delivery and customer service efforts
• A working knowledge of pro*C, rman, Oracle Data Guard.
• Experience in electric utility software
• A passion for databases
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .