Siemens Distribution Control Systems Industry Principal in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Distribution Control Systems Industry Principal
Job Family: Sales
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 200530
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Scope of the Position:
The Distribution Control Systems Industry Principal (IP) will be responsible for driving sales along with market placement and recognition of Siemens Spectrum Power 7 software for distribution utilities.
It is a senior level position requiring deep market knowledge and technical experience in utility distribution systems. The position requires big-picture, strategic thought leadership to influence utility implementation roadmaps as well as Siemens future product and marketing strategy.
This is a customer facing role that requires the skill set and personality necessary for lengthy customer interaction through consultative selling. The IP will be responsible for working with the sales leaders and customers to understand their challenges and develop a Siemens solution to address both current and future business needs of the utility while meeting or exceeding annual quota assignments.
The Distribution Control Systems Industry Principal will provide relevant market information to the broader Siemens Sales, Product Management, Product Development and Marketing teams to successfully influence product strategy and marketing to drive sales growth. The IP will be responsible for thought leadership in the Distributed Control market space and be expected to represent Siemens at external events.
This role will report to the Head of Sales of Digital Grid Software Solutions.
• Support the sales team to turn leads into qualified opportunities and close the deal
• Engage with the sales team in initial assessments and ongoing engagements to identify pain points and assess opportunities with each customer (consultative selling)
• Develop a consultative selling framework and roll-out to the sales team
• Support the sales team with presentations and deal strategy
• Provide coaching on industry best practices for utility distribution control systems
• Engage and lead work streams on the product Go-to-Market (GTM) execution team
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for GTM best practices within the ADMS/EMS market industry/vertical
• Identify and build relationships with potential sales channels and industry partners
• Represent Siemens as a distribution control thought leader in the utility industry, present at industry events, conduct webinars, write white papers, and blogs, and participate in industry group discussions via social media
• Provide industry specific guidance to product management, assess competitive offerings, and communicate functional requirements regarding software solutions
Qualifications & Expectations:
• Minimum of 10 years of domain experience in the distribution utility market space
• Experience in developing and delivering distribution control systems for utilities
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts and future trends in distribution control strategy
• Requires 60% travel
• Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of customers and internal stakeholders.
• Requires leadership characteristics evidenced by clear and concise communications (verbal and written), a positive attitude. Must have the proven ability to work independently.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent, a Masters or PHD degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .