Siemens Java API Developer in Milford, Ohio
Java API Developer
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 210577
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
We are looking for an experienced Java API developer to join an agile team responsible for delivering a global e-commerce solution for MindSphere. MindSphere is the open, IOT operating system for Siemens and will transform companies as they build the industrial internet upon it.
API’s are the centerpiece of both MindSphere and our business operations platform and we need additional developers to build out our team. If you have at least three years of development experience, have a passion for writing microservices and enjoy working with others in a dynamic environment, we would love to open a conversation with you.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, maintain and enhance the Digital Exchange and integrations associated to it
• Assess work effort required to implement code improvements/capabilities related to Digital Exchange
• Develop, test and deploy scalable web applications
• Understand Apache HTTP Server and Java Application Server configurations
• Perform application builds and deployments using Atlassian Bamboo CI server
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years development experience in Java
• Minimum of five years experience with software development
• Experience working with large, distributed systems (e.g. microservices)
• Experience with agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Confluence, JIRA)
• Familiarity with multiple Software Development Life Cycles preferred
• Strong skills and knowledge in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency are very important
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with SDL Tridion 2013 or above, including C# TBB development, Schema design, Java content-delivery, and REST-based content-delivery API’s
• Experience with DD4T 2
• Experience with Spring Framework
• Experience with B2B e-commerce
• Experience with Digital River
• Highly developed skills in jQuery
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server (SQL queries, relational DB concepts)
• Experience with Git or other software version control system
• Experience with Atlassian Bamboo or other continuous integration servers
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .