Siemens Cyber Security IT Application Developer in Milford, Ohio
Cyber Security IT Application Developer
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Global Services
Business Unit: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 200376
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a globaltechnology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Siemens has an opportunity available as a Cyber Security Applications Developer reporting to the Tools, Research, and Analytics Manager for the Siemens Cyber Defense Center (CDC). The person filling this role will develop, enhance, and integrate open source and commercial tools to assist our team of Cyber Analysts in protecting Siemens from sophisticated threat actors.
The analyst’s primary objective will be to support and enhance the Cyber Defense Center’s information systems. The analyst will be expected to work collaboratively with other Applications Analysts to develop and integrate in-house and third-party information systems into our data analytics platform and the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) infrastructure. The Analyst may also be required to manage and coordinate the deployment, maintenance, and integration of host-based endpoint security solutions.
The Cyber Security Applications Developer will be expected to design, develop, document, and maintain applications used in the detective, investigative, and knowledge-capture processes, and to contribute to the integration and enhancement of other CDC applications. These tasks include:
• Developing solutions in home-grown Python/Java based applications
• Integrating open-source, home-grown, and commercial products such as Jira, Confluence, Arcsight, and other web application interfaces using mostly REST-based API’s, Linux scripting, or other robust integrations.
• Working collaboratively with Cyber Analysts and other colleagues to architect solutions and troubleshoot issues.
• Addressing support issues for supported application platforms as needed.
• Share techniques and practices with the rest of the team personally and within our wiki.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Requires a minimum 5 years experience in software/web applications development
• Proficiency in Object Oriented software development practices and version controlled code development
• Proficiency working with SQL and databases such as MySql and Postgres
• Proficiency working within Linux and Bash scripting
• Proficiency working with Tomcat or other J2EE containers
• Experience with consuming REST-based web services and JSON
• Basic understanding of Networking and Network Protocols
• Python or Java based applications experience
• Required Travel: <5%
The following knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
• Experience with Network/Host Security and/or pen-testing (OSCP)
• Experience with Endpoint Security integration and implementation (e.g. solutions like RSA , Crowdstrike, Tanium)
• Experience with application architecture, continuous integration, test-driven development
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .