Siemens CAE Application Support Engineer - Advanced in Milford, Ohio
CAE Application Support Engineer - Advanced
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 200086
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Must be either US citizen or Green Card holder
Position can sit in Maryland Heights, MO, Milford, OH or Cypress, CA offices
As a Technical Support Engineer in GTAC, you would be responsible for assisting customers in the use of Siemens PLM software products, working with other support agents and the development team, including the development managers, to escalate key customer issues. Your primary focus in this position would be the Siemens NX CAE products, such as NX Advanced Simulation, Femap, NX Nastran and JACK, in both native and Teamcenter environments. You would also be responsible for developing technical articles for publications, newsletters, and online customer self-help tools. You would assist in the testing and verification of software fixes during the development cycle. Your scope of influence could include Marketing, Development, Onsite Customers, User Groups and possibly Business Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under minimal direction, analyze the customer’s question or problem, and provide a solution or a workaround that meets the customer’s needs when possible, in a timely manner.
• Duplicate reported customer problems, and provide explicit examples to development to allow them to reproduce any software issues that need to be fixed. Write detailed problem reports and enhancement requests.
• Identify critical issues and take responsibility for successful resolution of the issue.
• Actively participate and seek out GTAC department opportunities including product testing, resolving Incident Reports, creating Problem Reports, creating GTAC Quarterly and Solution Center articles, and staff meeting discussions.
• Recommend improvements to GTAC objectives that will help us provide even better customer support.
• Provide technical training on the products that you support to other members of the GTAC team.
• Expand the scope of your product knowledge to include additional functional areas, applications, focal points or modules, while maintaining expertise in your primary product support area. Strive for
at least 80 hours a year of technical or professional training.
• Make positive contributions to the achievement of the GTAC objectives.
• Provide accurate exchanges of information to demonstrate knowledge of GTAC processes.
Prerequisites and Essential Functions:
• A qualified candidate should have a degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Design or a related discipline, or equivalent schooling and/or experience.
•5 yrs CAE experience in structural or thermal dynamics.
• Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to comprehend complex software concepts and be familiar with common MS Office software.
•Proficiency in a common OOD programming language (such as C/C++, .Net, Java) would be helpful but is not strictly necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .