Siemens Account Manager in Mesa, Arizona
Job Family: Sales
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: DF / PD Sales
Requisition Number: 200103
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The primary responsibilities for this position involve developing and driving the sales strategy for medium voltage drives, drive systems and services. The selected candidate will collaborate with our medium voltage drive channel partners to develop the industrial market. This includes creating and executing a territory plan focused on expanding business with existing customers and developing prospective markets. The position is based in Phoenix, AZ and the travel requirements will be 50% - 60%.
The top candidate will exceed sales revenue goals for medium voltage drives, drive systems and services in the assigned sales territory by effectively executing on key strategies and activities which include:
• Defining a regional sales plan that coordinates the activities of our channel partners and business unit resources to cultivate relationships at all levels of our customer base.
• Developing a healthy sales pipeline by uncovering new opportunities, managing the sales process, following up on sales leads and developing the customer base within the AZ marketplace.
• Understanding the power conversion market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and our competitors activities
• Building long term relationships with key decision makers at established and new customer accounts
• Preparing presentations and professional proposals that highlight the value of our solutions and services
• Professionally escalating and expediting issues identified by our channel partners
• Developing a tactical sales strategy that maximizes sales productivity.
• Engaging technical experts and industry specialists within the business unit to provide solutions that address unique customer requirements
• Leveraging customer relationship management tools to manage the entire sales cycle, prioritize activities, and provide accurate forecasting information.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win 8+ years of successful experience selling large projects in the electrical industry.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Background in power conversion sales including medium voltage drives, motors and services.
• Strategic selling skills related to high volume equipment builders, engineering firms, packagers and end-users
• Must be able to manage conflict/challenges and be receptive to change.
• Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer requirements with the commercial objectives of the Business Unit.
• Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of the Water / Wastewater, Oil and Gas, Mining and Power Generation industries
• Familiarity with specific customers and competitors within the defined territory is a distinct advantage.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .