Siemens Sales - Account Executive - Building Performance & Sustainability - K-12 - Central & Eastern PA - Harrisburg, PA in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Sales - Account Executive - Building Performance & Sustainability - K-12 - Central & Eastern PA - Harrisburg, PA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 210800
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies’ Building Performance & Sustainability group is currently searching for an experienced Business Development Professional to sell Energy & Environmental Solutions to new and existing customers throughout Central and Eastern Pennsylvania. The individual will primarily focus on customers in the K-12 sector. The primary responsibility of the role is to sell energy management business solutions (Performance Contracts) that enables the customer to reduce energy and improve their existing infrastructure.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Work with engineering team to effectively analyze utility data, building surveys and needs assessments
• Develop and submit financial (proposals and presentations) justifications to C-Suite executives
• Prospect and qualify new customers while selling the Siemens Value proposition as it relates to energy solutions
• Obtains letters of intent and arranges financing
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion
• Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars
• Keeps current on market business, trends and enabling legislation
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills
• Develops and deploys account strategies
Qualifications the ideal candidate will have include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field, although candidates with a combination of experience and education (High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) will also be considered
• 5-7 years’ experience in Energy & Environmental Solutions sales or Performance Contracting Sales experience preferred, however, candidates with sales experience in a related industry selling services to the K-12 market (such as financial, insurance, construction management or mechanical) will also be considered
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is preferred, but not necessary
• Experience selling in the K-12 sector market required
• Requires a medium level of related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to gain an understanding of related engineering, contractual, and financial concepts. Size of sales assignment will vary based on opportunity in assigned accounts and territory.
• Customer relationships at this level are primarily C-level and solution-oriented -- candidates who will be successful in this role must have proven experience executing strategic solution-oriented sales to top executives and governing bodies in the public sector.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
• Extensive sales and product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .