Siemens Account Executive - Building Automation - Service Sales - Harrisburg, PA in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Account Executive - Building Automation - Service Sales - Harrisburg, PA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201947
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Industry Inc. is currently searching for a dynamic Account Executive to manage and grow our Central Pennsylvania territory for our Building Automation Service Sales - HVAC Controls group. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is to grow, develop, and manage mechanical contractor and consulting engineering relationships within the assigned territory, as well as drive business from our existing owner-direct customer base.
• Develops new business relationships with Facility Owners, Design Engineering Firms and Contractor Clients to position and create business cases to utilize Siemens Industry Inc. solutions in their facilities and new construction projects. Typical decision-makers contacted include New Facility Owners: facilities/engineering departments, process management and financial management; General and Mechanical Contractors: firm owners, estimators and project managers; Consulting Engineers: firm owners and project managers. Responsible to develop/maintain/expand these relationships within assigned areas of responsibility. Typical vertical markets targeted for this position include Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12, Industrial, Corporate and Commercial Office buildings.
• Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
• Effectively assist consultant engineers with Sequence of Operations and Specification development for Building Automation Systems.
• Develop technical proposals, estimates, and Sales presentation while working with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors project execution. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in networking through professional organizations such as ASHRAE, MCA, ASHE, 24X7 to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
• Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Ideal candidate desires to consistently grow in professional knowledge and independently states current on market, business and product trends to deliver results to our clients.
• Develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for current contractors, consultants and prospective owner clients.
• Team sells with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products. Drives & coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives.
• Focus on customer retention by building Trusted Advisor relationships with Contractors, Design Consultants and targeted end users.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships with all assigned contractors and consultants.
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technology offerings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• At least 2-5 years of HVAC Controls industry sales experience preferred, although candidates with less directly related industry sales experience will also be considered if the candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and similar industry sales experience
• Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell technical solutions and service product lines.
• Must have a “hunter” sales mentality
• LEED AP or LEED GA preferred
• ASHRAE affiliation preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .