Siemens Sr Engineer Electrical Services in McClellan, California
Sr Engineer Electrical Services
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 200368
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
In conjunction with Product Management colleagues, capture engineering project requirements, including modifications and upgrades, as a result of either specific enquiries or pro-active product improvement opportunities. You will work provide Train controls Firmware programming and testing. There is an opportunity to learn and work with the Siemens control software called Sibas-G . Additionally, you will find, test and implement solutions for obsolete Train components.
Is this job a fit for you?
• In response to defined customer needs or promotion of product developments, formalize engineering requirements, and document through production of Technical Concepts, supporting specifications, bills of materials and validation plans where necessary.
• Manage Life Cycle Cost (LCC), LCC savings opportunities through developing alternative engineering solutions, alternative suppliers and product improvements as identified throughout the business.
• Provide engineering expertise during the Incident repair process ensuring value for money, maintaining vehicle integrity and customer satisfaction. Development of generic repair instructions, processes and work instructions as required.
• Monitor industry practices to identify applicable processes, products and materials that can deliver improvements in engineering solutions for maintenance, incident repairs and development activities.
• Support in the technical bid of maintenance and overhaul projects
• Provide system level Maintenance Concepts, Depot Requirements, Special Tools Specifications, recommended Capital Spares, and service requirements to the delivery project.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A minimum of 3 years experience in professional engineering
• BS in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of software programming.
• 15% travel in the United States and Europe
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years rail experience
• PE Certification, Six Sigma Certification
• Rail industry experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .