Siemens Repair Center Manager in McClellan, California
Repair Center Manager
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 204878
Primary Location: United States-California-McClellan
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Mobility goes digital. Getting quickly and efficiently from A to B is a given these days. But passengers expect more – and municipalities, transport operators and industry have to meet these needs.
The Mobility Division of Siemens AG is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Mobility is looking for a Repair Center Manager to drive the rapidly expanding service business in North America. This position will coordinate all repair activities relating to the Mobility Customer Service portfolio between existing and developing repair centers. The objective is to expand the service portfolio by developing value add repair services to internal and external customers.
· Manage new repair product development
· Coordinate repair strategy for existing and developing centers across North America.
· Drive safety, efficiency, and quality from all repair centers
· Develop process between logistics, engineering, purchasing, and operations to support the repair centers
· Support business segment heads in proposals, service contracts, overhauls, and refurbishments that involve repair center activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· College degree in related competence and or equivalent experience.
· 5 – 10 years of experience managing production and or repair facility.
· Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing
· 3 – 5 years in product management or similar role that involved bringing a product or service to market
· Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
· 5 years experience in rail industry.
· Six Sigma and or LEAN certification
· Knowledge of quality tools and RCA processes
· Engineering and or technical background
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .