Siemens Project Manager in McClellan, California
Job Family: Project Management
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 200876
Primary Location: United States-California-McClellan
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Mobility goes digital. Getting quickly and efficiently from A to B is a given these days. But passengers expect more – and municipalities, transport operators and industry have to meet these needs.
The Mobility Division of Siemens AG is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
The Customer Services business offers a unique solution portfolio for service and turnkey systems during the complete life cycle of our rolling stock or infrastructure system customers. The goal is to strengthen our relationship with existing and new customers, by broadening our service offering, and by bidding projects which will enable us to provide additional support throughout the life of their vehicles.
As a Project Bid Manager for Siemens Mobility, Customer Services you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that defines, documents and fully develops proposals and contracts while conforming to cost and schedule.
Is this job a fit for you?
· You will work closely with numerous internal and external resources such as Business Development, Engineering, Procurement and Senior Management supporting them in bidding projects
· You will demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, and organizational skills are necessary for success in this position in order to bid out project for the repair of Rail Vehicles
· You will lead multifunctional teams in the areas of Specification review, Product Selection, Financial Strategy and Bid Generation.
· You will support several concurrent projects and deliver results on time.
· Project Management/Execution experience
· Demonstrated ability to learn basic technical aspects of complex product offerings.
· Demonstrate strong written communication skills are necessary for success.
· Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office suite of programs· Previous experience in demonstrating success in negotiations with customers, consultants and consortium partners is preferred.
· Demonstrated success in working with and supporting cross functional teams of professionals and managers.
· Demonstrated ability to work within teams in order to conceptualize ideas, make recommendations and facilitate a team consensus to move forward.
· Demonstrated flexibility to adjust and thrive in a dynamic environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .