Siemens Administrative Assistant in McClellan, California
Job Family: Internal Services
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 201054
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative assistance to the Customer Services Business Unit of Siemens Industry Division. This role is located in Sacramento California and reports to the Business Unit Head.
Is this job a fit for you?
• Orders and manages office supplies.
• Schedules resources such as people, meetings, appointments, rooms, and equipment.
• Answers telephone calls, takes messages, responds to questions, and directs callers to appropriate parties, as necessary.
• Sorts and distributes mail and faxes.
• Manages documents (makes copies and maintains files).
• Drafts and edits complex memos and other correspondence.
• Participates in the preparation of presentations, reports, spreadsheets and other documents.
• Manages Travel arrangement for busines unit.
• Performs complex work within area of specialization.
• Interprets documented rules, past practices, or instruction on a semi-independent level.
• Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex.
• Performs other administrative support tasks as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma or GED required.
• Required experience:3-5 years of successful experience administrative support in a corporate setting.
• Required travel: 5%
• Other requirements:
o Advanced Knowledge and experience with administrative software: Microsoft Publisher, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and SAP.
o Ability to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .