Siemens Senior Federal Contracts Manager in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Senior Federal Contracts Manager
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 200177
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Senior Federal Contracts Manager will have responsibility for serving as a subject matter expert and for the Company’s prime contracts, governing the sale and maintenance of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics equipment and reagents, medical software and related services to federal customers, either directly or indirectly. The scope of this role includes providing contracting advice and guidance to the Company’s sales and services organization on complex contract issues and federal contracting compliance requirements. The Director Federal Contracts Manager will assist in the management of contracting policies, procedures and the administration of these prime contracts, serve as the key contracting point of contact with the federal government’s contract managers at the US Department of Defense and US Department of Veterans Affairs, and support the Company’s self-compliance reviews and support the Company in identifying and executing strategies to expand sales to federal government customers.
• Manage complex federal contracts, primarily IDIQ prime contracts.
• Serve as authorized negotiator and primary point of contact with contract contracting officers at DLA and VA on the Company’s contracts.
• Serve as advisor to business teams regarding Federal Contracts policy, laws and regulations.
• Perform detailed contract analysis, identify risks and develop/evaluate risk mitigation strategies.
• Participate in the identification and implementation of new and revised contract policy and processes to ensure federal contract compliance and maximize efficiency of contract/task order administration.
• Support capture management and proposal teams by providing guidance on RFP terms, conditions and related documentation as required.
• Review unusual contract situations and provide assistance/guidance as needed.
• Support sales management by providing guidance on RFP terms, conditions and related issues.
• Lead complex negotiations on high dollar, strategic opportunities.
• Participate in management review of proposals, contracts and programs and prepare and present briefings to staff and clients, as required.
• Oversee the execution of proposals/contracts for a specific business unit, maintenance of contract files and signature of agreements in accordance with corporate policies and contract requirements.
• Participate in the development and implementation of internal compliance reviews designed to ensure federal contract compliance.
• Minimum ten (10) years of Federal Government contract administration experience involving wide variety of contract types (Fixed Price, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, T&M, IDIQ Task/Delivery Order, GSA, BPA and BOA) from contract award to closeout.
• Experience in administering contracts for sale of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics equipment, medical software and related products and services is highly preferred.
• Experience in contract negotiation, administration, teaming agreements, consulting agreements and other corporate legal documents such as non-disclosure and inter-company agreements.
• Experience with cost proposal preparation and DCAA audits is preferred.
• Expert knowledge of FAR, DFARS, VARS and federal laws and regulations, especially related to commercial and COTS items.
• Experience with non-standard federal customer contracts, including small/disadvantaged business transactions, federal construction contracts, and OCONUS transactions.
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Ability to manage and meet deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to work independently and work effectively in a highly matrixed, high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Must possess strong written and oral communications skills, especially with senior management and senior-level customers.
• Must have ability to coordinate multiple activities associated with complex contract generation and approvals.
Preferred work location is Malvern, Pennsylvania, but will consider other geographical areas that permit reasonably prompt access to Malvern, Pennsylvania.
BS/BA degree in a related discipline combined with a minimum of 10 years of Federal Government contracts experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
Requires high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation. Experience may be substituted for degree, where applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .