Siemens Marketing Communications Specialist 4 in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Marketing Communications Specialist 4
Multiple Locations:Malvern, Pennsylvania; Cary, North Carolina
Job Family: Communications
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 212448
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
Marketing Communications Specialist 4
From marketing planning through message creation, campaign development, and project management of all downstream marketing materials which include printed collaterals, digital, tradeshows, presentations, online, etc., this individual works closely with the Services Business Area in the U.S. to support the Marketing and Communications of our robust and growing Services portfolio. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent marketing and communications skills, business acumen, strong teamwork, resourcefulness, passion, and the ability to work effectively within a matrixed organization.
• Drive marketing communications activities to create awareness, drive consideration, and ultimately increase brand preference and encourage customer loyalty.
• Serve as a key point person in the Services Business Area for Marketing Communications campaigns and vehicles.
• Support Sales team by developing sales tools that help drive and close business. This includes interactive digital tool, sales calculators, documenting quantifiable outcomes of customer successes through testimonials, white papers, case studies and videos, keeping collaterals up to date (print and online), driving demand generation campaigns, and developing presentations for customer meetings
• Interact with installed base customers in documenting case studies, presentations, and securing testimonials.
•Ensuring harmonization with Siemens Healthineers brand, guidelines and programs when appropriate.
• Collaborate with the Global Marketing and Communications functions in Services, U.S. Communications functions and peers aligned to the other U.S. Business Areas and Business Lines.
• Monitor and collect campaign metrics and other related team reports to measure ongoing effectiveness.
• Work closely with the Services Global marketing/communications teams to (i) provide US perspective into creation of global materials, (ii) leverage global materials where appropriate, (iii) share US best practices that could be adopted in other countries.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
•Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
•8+ years of relevant experience in B2B marketing.
•Strong operational and business acumen. High attention to detail. Superb communications skills including copywriting.
•Experience with multi-channel communications including multimedia, digital and social media.
•Ability to work well in highly matrixed organization. Experience in collaborating globally, managing global projects with international counterparts.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
•Experience in healthcare field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .