Siemens Financial Analyst 4 in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Financial Analyst 4
Job Family: Finance
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Accounting and Controlling
Requisition Number: 205873
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This Financial Analyst 4 position will be responsible for providing accounting/controlling support for the Healthineers IT organization.as part of the Healthineers Accounting Functions Controlling (HC AC FC IT) organization. These controlling functions include budgeting, forecasting, complex variance analysis, cost monitoring, management reporting, allocations to the Business Areas/Business Lines and other related financial support for the IT organization. Expertise in SAP Project System and experience in ESPRIT reporting is strongly preferred. This position will be expected to drive process improvements in IT controlling and could span to the support of other functions and possible involvement in Central P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow budgeting, forecasting, and analytics. This will require effective collaboration with other team members and stakeholders within the Support Functions and Business Areas/Lines and strict adherence to deadlines/deliverables, while balancing the need for accuracy and efficiency throughout all aspects of the work. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
· Work with key members of IT management, and possibly other Support Functions, to prepare budgets and forecasts and provide general guidance in areas requiring financial modeling and project management support.
· Work collaboratively with members of the IT support team in Germany to ensure alignment of the global aspects of the IT organization.
· Develop and maintain expertise in the various systems and processes utilized to perform the functions
· Synthesize data from various sources in order to analyze results and create concise written documentation on actual monthly expense performance relative to budget and forecast
· Complete monthly closing activities, including charging the Business Areas/Business Lines, in a timely, accurate manner
· Explore ways to improve existing processes and initiate ideas for efficiency and expense reduction
· Ensure compliance with Company policies and relevant Accounting standards
· Drive efficiencies and improvements in quality of Central P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow budgeting, forecasting, and analytics
· Participate in special ad hoc assignments and projects
The position will be accountable for and measured in terms of:
• Quality and Timeliness of Analytics
• Forecast Accuracy
• Customer orientation and responsiveness in a matrix environment
• Reporting and forecasting process enhancement
• Financial performance of Healthineers IT or other assigned Support Function(s)
Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
· Excellent problem solving, diagnosis and analytical skills
· Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel and SAP skills and strong proficiency with Power Point
· · Demonstrated ability to identify and define issues, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions
· Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail
· Effective communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management
· Strong Accounting background with ability to understand and navigate complex accounting topics
· BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or related degree with 5-10 years’ experience in finance/controlling/accounting
· Ability to solve problems and issues creatively
· Attention to detail, organized and desire for continuous improvement and innovation
· Confident, self-starter with ability to work with minimal direction
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .