Siemens Field Service Engineer in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Field Service Engineer
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 200218
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Field Service Engineer
A Field Service engineer travels to Siemens customer power plants though out US and abroad to perform maintenance, repair, and modification of large steam and gas turbine generators and related equipment. The position reports directly one of our Local District Service Managers and has a high degree of customer interface.
• Supervision of mechanical maintenance crews ranging in size from 1 to 30 persons disassembling, inspecting, repairing, and reassembling large steam and gas turbine generators.
• Leads job site safety programs.
• Performs complex site surveys to develop maintenance plans.
• Completes and submits detailed reports covering all job activity.
• May complete the planning and estimating of resources and durations required for specific scopes of work for customer proposals.
• Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration.
• Lead and direct subcontractors to perform specific maintenance related tasks.
• Serve is the primary Siemens jobsite contact.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or
• Associate of Science Degree with a minimum of 4 years of equivalent experience or
• Non-degreed candidates who can demonstrate a minimum of 8 years of equivalent experience
In addition to the required education above, candidates must have an additional 5-8 years of successful experience in related field.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Experience
• Experience in the general maintenance of large gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and associated equipment.
• Experience managing safety programs, performing maintenance on large turbine generators or in a similar industrial environment with risks and hazards that require the use of practices and procedures intended to keep personnel safe and maintain a safe work environment. This includes but is not limited to use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and pre-job briefs or risk assessments.
• Experience working with union labor
• Experience working to and updating complex schedules. Familiarity with related software such as Primavera and/or Microsoft Project.
As a field service engineer, you would report to one of the Siemens Service offices, which are located in the following locations:
Fort Worth, TX
Las Vegas, NV
San Luis Obispo, CA
• Applicants for this position should expect to work away from their home location an average of 200-250 days per year. Individual assignments are typically 2 to 10 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week, day or night shift.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .