Siemens Accountant in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Finance
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Accounting and Controlling
Requisition Number: 201415
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
· Account reconciliation of contract portfolio and leasing sub-ledger for various contract types.
· Prepare related monthly journal entries in accordance with Siemens Accounting and International Financial Reporting Guidelines for Leases.
· Timely and accurate completion of assigned month-end close responsibilities, particularly during the last week and first week of each month.
· Monthly and quarterly account reconciliation and analysis.
· Research and resolve potential discrepancies between the general ledger and contract leasing system, or other ledgers, as necessary.
· Assist with system testing and implementation of new revenue recognition standard (IFRS 15).
· Perform special Analyses/ projects, as needed.
· BS in Accounting (CPA is a plus)
· Financial industry experience with loans or leases from the lessor perspective (is a plus)
· 3 to 5 years of accounting experience with a record of increasing levels of responsibility
· Ability to communicate clearly (oral and written)
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills: VLOOKUP, pivot tables, large spreadsheet management
· High level of critical thinking and attention to detail.
· Ability to research relevant accounting literature and recommend to manager the application of such guidance to applicable business transactions.
· Ability to advance and grow within the Company
· Working knowledge of SAP or comparable general ledger/financial reporting system.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .