Siemens Senior Systems Engineer - Rail Automation in Louisville, Kentucky
Senior Systems Engineer - Rail Automation
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 200697
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Rail Automation
Siemens Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Lead Engineer designs, defines and implements complex system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions. Candidates will be based out of Louisville.
• Design complex Transit Systems, Wayside Systems and Grade Crossing Warning Systems using engineering knowledge, customer standards, and State and Federal regulations with no supervision
• Implement the operational objectives and strategies of the department/ team and customer projects according to established company processes and policies.
• Prepares proposals and estimates in accordance with customer specifications. Checks complex designs for accuracy and compliance with customer and regulatory agency requirements.
• Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform hardware designs and application software design under minimal supervision.
• Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, evaluate results, and make recommendations.
• Checks and validates hardware and software designs.
• Interpret profitability margins for project management purposes.
• Review project bids and ensures fiscal viability of project bids.
• Review new product design, development, installation and field performance.
• Coordinate marketing efforts of engineering services with some customer interaction.
• Provide technical support to the customer during commissioning of the design of complex systems.
• Provide complete hardware and software package for validation and verification.
• Perform simulation (verification) of Wayside Train Control System software using tools specific to the type of equipment.
• Perform factory and field testing (validation) of Wayside Train Control System software; install software per hardware plans; test operation of software, record and analyze results; and provide feedback.
• Prepares engineering schedules and budgets in accordance with company estimates and project specifications
• Fulfill special requests from customers such as special distributions, providing designer sketches, and other additional information as requested
• Provide all type of technical documentation within a project
• Implement model processes for various engineering functions.
• Evaluate and develop overall strategic continuous improvement plans for quality initiatives as they relate to process improvement.
• Provide supervision and/or technical leadership for the team.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technician, Computer Science or related field preferred with a minimum of 8-12 years of experience in railway signaling industry. Associate Degree in Engineering with 9-12 years of experience or 10-12 years of equivalent experience required.
• Proficient using industry specific equipment such as meters, oscilloscope and power supplies
• Proficient using AutoCAD and Microstation
• Proficient experience using Test Racks
• Generally, up to 8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
• A proven track record of leading projects that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .