Siemens Project Manager - Rail Automation in Louisville, Kentucky
Project Manager - Rail Automation
Job Family: Project Management
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 211088
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Are you ready for a Project Management career in the exciting fast past world of transit rail systems?"
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking an experienced Project Manager to drive customer projects according to defined Project Management (PM) standards and customer requirements. With end to end responsibility for economic results, quality, schedule and EHS, this includes managing customer expectations, schedule, risks, contract, claims and compliance as well as interfacing with customers, manufacturing, procurement, suppliers, etc . Additional responsibilities for this position would include:
• Acquisition and contract negotiation
• Project organization and management
• Project controlling and project reporting
• Contract management including claim management
• Stakeholder management
• Opportunity and risk management
• Organization and management of project team
• Excellent Communication and knowledge management
• Compliance within the project
• Project planning, controlling and closure - Responsible for all aspects
• Requirement and quality management - Manages quality/results in his/her project
• Value Orientation - Enables a culture of trust and business integrity
• Risk, Opportunity and Issue management - Manages risks and opportunities in an his/her project
• Negotiation and Conflict Management - Negotiates and manages conflicts even in critical situations
• Project Finance - Checks basic financial figures and influences them
• Bid, Contract, and Claim management -Manages contract of his/her project
• Resilience - Proves resilience even in critical situations
• Analytical skills - Suggests corrective measures that meet the needs
• Technology and market - Suggests corrective measures that meet the needs
• Business English - Professional Oral and written communication skills
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education - Bachelors (Business, PM, IEEE) or minimum 5 years project management
Minimum 5 years Project Management (rail or heavy construction industry preferred)
PM degree, PMP certification, or equivalent work preferred
Must be able to travel. Position requires visits to customer and installation sites
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 3 weeks of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Project Manager with Siemens Rail Automation, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .