Siemens Junior Systems Engineer - Rail Automation in Louisville, Kentucky
Junior Systems Engineer - Rail Automation
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 200572
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Rail Automation Division
Siemens Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Systems Engineer provides systems engineering support on moderate to complex systems engineering projects. Participates in requirements capture; develops new requirements based on customer need. Translates requirements into detailed systems/product specifications.
Participates in systems analysis, systems/product validation and verification. Provides technical support to systems/product users and other stakeholders, providing resolution to engineering problems (HW, SW, Test). Implements system enhancements and reports on the effectiveness of existing and new systems/products.
• Participate in rotational exposure to all aspects of R & D life cycle to understand products; customer requirements and interface of hardware/software and system integration.
• Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products under direct supervision.
• Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform hardware designs and application software design with direct supervision.
• Develop test procedures and test plans according to established company procedures and under direct supervision.
• Acquire a broad understanding of the function, department, and business by cross-training and supporting other roles, as requested.
• Understand current industry signal standards and practices including AREMA recommendations and FRA rules and regulations.
• Demonstrates a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner to ensure that designs meet customer specifications.
• Adhere to quality expectations in development of routine designs.
• Follow established guidelines and procedure to ensure technical standards are met according to company standards.
• Learn and apply new concepts to develop and demonstrate technical competence.
• Work well independently and as part of a team to achieve team and organizational goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related
• Interest in developing a career into SW, HW ,Systems or Test engineering
• 1-2 years ability to debug and troubleshoot electrical/electromechanical systems
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .