Siemens Support Specialist - Building Automation / HVAC Control in Littleton, Colorado
Support Specialist - Building Automation / HVAC Control
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 211934
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Are you ready to be a major contributor to a world leader in Building Automation?
· Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for systems and service installed jobs. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
· Performs wiring checkout and assists in automation systems start-ups utilizing commissioning tools.
· Coordinates electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
· Completes adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
· Participates in job site final walk on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
· If improper operation is due to another component of the automations system not provided by contract, discusses problem with supervisor or customer and advises best course of action to rectify problem.
· Responds to customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, and analyzes requirements of system involved, and checks and test systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
· Completes and submits written reports covering all aspects of each assignment.
· Delivers technical support to end users and field labor when applicable. Handles emergency service calls as directed during regularly scheduled hours and after hours as needed
· Trains customers on company system prior to job turnover.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
1+yrs computer networking
Flexible workflow practices and great communication skills
Abstract and creative troubleshooting skills are a must
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .