Siemens Fire Project Lead - Kansas City in Lenexa, Kansas
Fire Project Lead - Kansas City
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 213134
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Lenexa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position manages multiple, small Fire projects from booking to customer acceptance (execution portion only):
• Leads the project document/submittal creation, installation, start-up, commissioning and turnover of assigned fire projects.
• Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion; coordinates internal and/or external installation resources to meet project schedules.
• Analyzes as-sold scope of work against project documents and plans. Escalates deviations between scope and contract specifications, and/or codes, to Branch Sales.
• Responsible for estimating/proposing change orders.
• Manages the effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with customer and AHJ requirements.
• Identifies percentage of completion for the preparation of progress billings. Participates in the pursuit of timely payments from the customer, and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Identifies final project completion to Project Coordination for initiating the project Technically Complete work flow. Participates as needed to ensure a timely completion of the close out process.
NICET II in Fire Alarm Technologies or higher required. Minimum two years experience in project management required. Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations. Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
High School diploma required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .