Siemens Software Development Operations Intern in Knoxville, Tennessee
Software Development Operations Intern
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 200358
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
To perform Configuration Management activities in support of software builds, source traceability and code archive. Also support for methods of software deployment onto specific target computers and further enhancement of those methods to take advantage of new tooling and/or processes.
• This is a position in a fast-paced development environment that must adhere to strict development process requirements.
• The employee must take specific direction and act independently, but still ensure the appropriate course is followed by asking questions as needed.
• High emphasis on quality and bringing tasks to conclusion quickly.
• The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Software Development Operations (DevOps.)
• Senior or Staff engineers within the team will help coordinate daily activities
• Creation of computer hard drive images (ISO files) for field deployment
• Unit level testing before handoff of any work product from the DevOps team
• Analysis and investigation of unexpected errors that may not seem a result of the handoff
• Creation of Virtual Machines to simulate physical computer hardware
• Work through assigned backlog tasks; report changing status until completion
• Analysis of hardware driver versions to ensure correct configurations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge of Virtual Machine applications, specifically VMware and Virtual Box
• Win7/10 Operating System infrastructure, settings, configuration, hardware drivers
• Knowledge of Altiris, Ghost or other similar computer imaging software
• Strong knowledge in C#, PowerShell, DOS script
• Minimal travel expected
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Familiarity with computer hardware, e.g. drive replacement, memory, plug-in cards, driver versioning, network cabling
• Understanding of Microsoft networking, user access, network shares
• Experience in TFS 2013 development environment (Team Foundation Server)
• Experience in formal backlog status reporting (Agile)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .