Siemens C++ Clinical Workflows Software Developer in Knoxville, Tennessee
C++ Clinical Workflows Software Developer
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 203172
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum-from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens Molecular Imaging is seeking an experienced software developer to join our Clinical Workflows group, focusing on the delivery of technical innovation into our world class clinical applications and PETCT, SPECT/CT scanner product lines.
You will work as part of a dynamic, global team, that brings together expertise in many disciplines including computer science, physics, IT and hardware, to produce highly specialized software solutions to meet the rapidly advancing needs of healthcare today.
• Optimize the transfer of advanced clinical technology from our research scientists to engineering
• Perform validation of technology implementations
• Support productizing image processing methods and algorithms in partnership with clinical research scientists
• Create and review technical documentation from the development team
• Engage in discussions, voicing sound technical opinions
• Interface with internal partners including research scientists, systems engineering, architects, product management and project management
• Interface with external business partners including colleagues in Germany and India
• Mentor junior software developers
• Keep knowledge up to date by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment
• Minimal travel (training, conferences, etc.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Expert knowledge of C+• Strong understanding of Image Processing techniques
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• A genuine passion for software development demonstrated through significant past projects
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Ability to perform work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, testing and debugging complex computer programs
• Ability to learn new technologies that may impact our systems
• 8+ years of software experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• DICOM and Medical Imaging knowledge
• Experience in working with MATLAB and C#
• Experience working in a regulated environment FDA or other
• Experience in working with offshore teams
• Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or some other related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .