Siemens Sr R&D Engineer in Johnson City, Tennessee
Sr R&D Engineer
Locations:Johnson City, Tennessee
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Digital Factory (DF)
Requisition Number: 200753
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The candidate, as part of the software team, will design and develop embedded software, develop and execute unit tests, review process and design documents, and perform code reviews for automation products. The Software Engineer works primarily on Functional Safety projects in the Research & Development organization reporting to the Failsafe Project Manager.
• Performs complex embedded software design and development tasks.
• Understand standards, specifications, and other documents in order to implement assigned tasks.
• Provides level-of-effort estimates for assigned tasks.
• Complete the preparation of reports and analysis of technical issues.
• Works independently.
• Provide general guidance and training for support staff.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to resolve complex issues.
• Implement quality and process improvements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS Computer Engineering preferred or an MS in Computer Science with demonstrated Hardware design knowledge.
• 5-8 years in embedded software development.
• 5% domestic and international travel.
• Proficiency in the C++ programming language and object-oriented methodology.
• Able to understand hardware / software interfaces.
• Demonstrates good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Problem solving/debugging skills.
• Able to prioritize and address most-important tasks first.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Advanced degree (MSCE or MSEE) may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Ability to use Enterprise Architect
• Knowledgeable about JAVA, and XML
• Basic knowledge of PROFINet
• Functional Safety concepts from a PLC viewpoint
• PLC knowledge, including:
o Fundamental LAD programming
o Fundamental SCL programming
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .