Siemens Senior Sales Manager – Building Performance Service – Bellevue, WA in Issaquah, Washington
Senior Sales Manager – Building Performance Service – Bellevue, WA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201275
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Performance Services Senior Sales Manager throughout the Seattle area, located in Bellevue and reporting to the Branch Manager. Within this position the candidate will be responsible for coordinating the service sales team to maximize service (automation, electrical, mechanical, non-guaranteed energy) sales orders. This will encompass sales-team development, account management, prospect or project mapping, and management/forecasting of a service funnel ensuring order intake targets.
We are looking for a confident, proactive Senior Services Sales Manager, with managing vision of growth and a customer focused approach. The position will assume overall responsibility for developing and directing the sales strategy for the Siemens service offering while elevating customer partnerships to a more strategic relationship. We are looking for someone who is technology savvy to lead the sales team and customer base into the transformation of IoT, big data, analytics, and data driven services of the building market.
• Develops strategy for retention and growth of the account base and capture of new accounts.
• Designs overall operational objectives and work plans for sales to end-users and property managers (and, in some cases, contractors), and delegates assignments to subordinate staff.
• Manages the sales efforts of assigned sales executives in sales units for a territory, defined geographic area, or marketing segments.
• Executes and refines strategy to build relationships with Building community.
• Works closely with the branch service operations manager and operations team to increase project execution quality.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
• Required experience: Five years of experience selling Building Automation systems.
• Required travel: 10%
• Other requirements:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
• Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Preferred experience: Three years of managing a successful sales team or 5 years of high-performance sales in the building market.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .