Siemens Sales Executive - Service - Building Performance - Seattle WA in Issaquah, Washington
Sales Executive - Service - Building Performance - Seattle WA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201926
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging field with other high performing team members? Do you have a passion to save energy while also making buildings better to work/live in? Are you interested in living in one of the fastest growing cities while selling to one of the fastest growing markets?
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Sales Executive to manage and grow our Seattle, WA market for our Building Automation Service Sales group. The primary responsibility of the Sale Executive is to achieve booking and gross margin goals by developing and implementing strategic customer account plans for new and existing customers through an offering of energy, automation, mechanical and electrical service projects and annual service agreements.
• Develops new business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Building Technologies service offerings in their facilities and influence new construction projects.
• Possesses the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives and develops outcome oriented service offerings to meet the business objectives.
• Typical End-User decision-makers contacted include C-Level executives, VP of Operations, and Directors of Facilities. Responsible to maintain/expand these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts as well as create new customer relationships. Acts as a Trusted Advisor to customers across their enterprises.
• Work directly with building owners to reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment and extend the life of automation, mechanical and electrical distribution equipment.
• Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
• Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• When managing current accounts, develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for clients.
• Team sells with other Building Technology and Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, Low & Medium Voltage and Power Generation/MicroGrid products.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships.
• Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High School diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
• Required experience: Demonstrable skills to be successful selling an offering with a sales cycle and relationship-management responsibility similar to/relevant to the type of service offerings we provide to our customers.
• Required travel: 20%
• Other Requirements:
o Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
o Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
o Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a driver’s license in good standing.
o Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or other field relevant to the type of work performed by this role.
• Preferred experience: Relevant Buildings, HVAC Controls, or Mechanical Systems service sales to business executives, operations executives, building owners, and facilities managers preferred.
• Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell Siemens Building Technologies solutions and service product lines.
• Other Preferences:
o Strong business relationships within the Seattle market.
o Related professional certifications preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .