Siemens Master Black Belt Project Manager in Issaquah, Washington
Master Black Belt Project Manager
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 203281
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens Ultrasound is looking for a Master Black Belt to lead continuous improvement projects throughout the organization. This project manager role is part of the Program Management Office (PMO) and will focus on diverse projects in the areas of product development, manufacturing, and business administration, with special focus on Design for Six Sigma.
This role will be expected to drive project execution to meet the required standards of quality (time, cost, content) while ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction. He/she should exhibit strong organization and communication skills, leadership, and adaptability.
This employee will fill a cross-functional role interacting with a variety of groups in other departments including Product Development, Product Management, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, Service, Finance, Quality, Regulatory, and Compliance. They may also interact with partners in other Siemens Business Areas and externally.
Leads and manages Design for Six Sigma project portfolios in order to accomplish measurable business process improvements. Integrates Six Sigma methodology and analytics into organizational operations in order to accomplish business objectives. Trains and mentors Black Belt and Green Belt-certified professionals in planning, designing, and accomplishing key projects. Typically requires a master's degree and 10 years of experience in a process improvement function. Also requires training and certification through a Six Sigma accredited organization. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Develop and execute plans for complex projects
• Lead teams in defect analysis and creation of improvement measures
• Acts as business owner, including financial management, for projects of limited scope
• Executes against deadlines, content, quality, and cost
• Provides project status, with early identification and risks and mitigation
• Leads regular meetings with the project teams
• Identifies and implements alternate approaches when faced with constraints
• Proactively identifies and acts on opportunities for improvement
• Provides communication of project goals, strategy and status within the project team and with project stakeholders, including senior management
• Develops organizational maturity through training others in continuous improvement approaches
• Provides curriculum and training for DFSS and Black Belt programs
Required Qualification & Credentials:
• Master’s Degree preferred in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of responsibilities and capabilities as presented above.
• Technical background with experience in DFSS engineering development is required.
• Able to work under intense time pressure to meet required deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Able to work efficiently and respectfully with others in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
• Strong interpersonal and management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to learn new techniques, multi-task, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team while exhibiting initiative, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to work with minimal guidance
• Ability to lead and train Green Belt and Black Belt candidates through certification
• Advanced proficiency in defect and statistical analysis methods and tools
• Advanced proficiency in statistical analysis tools such as Minitab
• Ability to cultivate knowledge and competency via collaboration with colleagues from different cultures and backgrounds
• Experience in the medical and ultrasound industries is a plus
Location - Issaquah, WA
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .