Siemens Systems Engineer/Spec 2 in Irving, Texas
Systems Engineer/Spec 2
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 200234
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• BS or MS degree in computer science or a related discipline
• 2-5 years of experience
• Travel approximately 30% of the time
• When required, work odd shifts
• Candidate must negotiate stairs and catwalks on jobsite and occasionally able to lift 40 lbs.
• Experience with programming desktop, web or mobile friendly applications.
• Knowledge of developing software using Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 or greater environment
• Familiarity or working knowledge of any .NET technologies such as VB, C#, ASP (web forms or MVC), JQuery.
• Knowledge of using relational database management system SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
• Strong written and oral English communication skills
• Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, dependable
• Knowledge of C++, Visual C++ languages is plus
• Excellent team work and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities:. Participates in the design of semi-complex systems that integrate hardware and software. Provides support in semi-complex material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Participates in recommending ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction. Education. BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas. Knowledge and Experience. Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable. Direction of Others: May provide general guidance or train lower level support staff. Key Working Relationships: Primarily intra-organizational contacts and some external contacts.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .