Siemens Sr Mechanical Engineer in Irving, Texas
Sr Mechanical Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 200069
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Manage all aspects of a project from inception, on-time/on-budget delivery, and sustaining activities. Ensure that the projects are planned, executed and managed in accordance with Company policy, PMI, and CMMI best practices for software development. This position manages medium to high level projects, in terms of projected cost and complexity.
• Coordinate between customer, contracts, supply chain management, technical leads, and individual contributors in the development of Statement of Work, proposals, and Work Breakdown Structure.
• Provide the primary point of contact for the customer and management team regarding all aspects of the assigned products/projects.
• Develop project plans detailing all aspects of a product/project required to achieve delivery.
• Track projects according to plan, prepare variance reports, and prepare formal EVA/EVM deliverables.
• Coordinate generation of technical inputs for bid and proposals activities.
• During the execution phases, schedule and chair recurring meetings to ensure efficient communication among project members and ensure project milestones are met.
• Bachelor’s degree is required. An engineering discipline is preferred.
• PMI PMP certification is required and must be obtained within 6 months.
Required Skills and Experience
• This position requires 5 to 8 years experience including various assignments in design engineering and/or project leadership positions. A background in software development is highly desirable.
• Experience with project management processes, including project definition, requirements definition and analysis, resource planning, work breakdown, scheduling, critical path management, risk management, and earned value.
• Excellent organization skills to ensure that projects are supported in a comprehensive and organized fashion.
• Understands financial and accounting principles.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office applications, including MS Project.
• US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience managing projects using the Earned Value method.
• Experience with the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .