Siemens Senior Controls Automation Engineer in Irving, Texas
Senior Controls Automation Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 210279
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics, LLC currently has opportunities for a Senior Controls Automation Engineer with five (5) or more years of experience. The candidates will design, develop, test, install and integrate specialized solutions to process letter mail, flats and parcels for the United States Postal Service (USPS). These customized solutions involve material handling equipment, customized high speed electrical circuits, advanced character recognition technology, sophisticated machines, PLC safety and robotics. Ideal candidates will have prior controls automation experience in several of these fields.
• Controls system architecture using; Profinet, Profibus, ASi bus, ControlNet, DeviceNet, EthernetIP
• Electrical Schematics & Panel Design (Controls Panel Design, Power Distribution Panel Design) using AutoCAD electrical
• Development of Scripts using Visual Basic, Python etc.
• PLC architecture design
• PLC programming with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix or Siemens Simatic S7
• Function block programming, ladder logic programming. STL programming
• HMI development using SiemensWinCC or Rockwell Factorytalk View (faceplates for motor controls, dynamic equipment status graphics), alarm management, and trending in HMI and SCADA applications
• Writing Project Documentation (e.g. Description of Operations, Test Plans & Results)
• Testing using emulation tools like Emulate 3D, Automod
• Field commissioning and startup of USPS solutions
• Customer support
Position skills and qualifications:
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Electrical / Controls / Automation / Robotics / Instrumentation Engineering/Technology
• Five or more years of relevant experience (advanced degree in relevant disciplines is can count towards years of experience)
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems
• Strong communication in English, both written and verbal
• Capability to travel approximately 40 % of the time
• Working knowledge of programming in C / C++ / C#
• Working knowledge of VB, Access and SQL Server would be a definite asset
Areas of Relevant Experience:
• Control systems for the movement of parcels, products or baggage on equipment such as conveyor systems.
• Control systems for high speed machinery to control the position, velocity or acceleration of robots, machines or products such as the packaging industry.
• Control systems for chemical processes (with the exception of packaging) or environmental control are not relevant experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .