Siemens IT Support Engineer in Irving, Texas
IT Support Engineer
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 217029
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics LLC is seeking an IT Support Engineer to join our local IT Team responsible for fixing and maintaining company IT systems to enable the organization to operate and communicate with one another daily. We are looking for a competent support engineer to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. The Technical Support Engineer must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
If you are an IT professional with knowledge and experience in responsibilities below, please apply online
• Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
• Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Provide accurate information on IT products or services
• Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
• Follow-up and update customer status and information
• Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
• Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools in a Microsoft Windows network environment.
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Assist in maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Assist in ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Install new hardware and software.
• Setting up accounts for company employees with passwords and permissions.
• Monitoring a company’s systems with security the prime objective.
• Assist in fixing network faults.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related education and experience
• 2 - 5 years of IT support experience
• Experience using Microsoft Operating Systems and tools is required.
• Proven experience as a Technical Support Engineer or other customer support role
• Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
• Proficiency in English
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven customer background
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .