Siemens Financial Analyst III - Operations in Irving, Texas
Financial Analyst III - Operations
Job Family: Finance
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 200740
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Zone Finance Manager, this position performs complex financial and operational analysis to support short term and long range strategic plans and operating budgets.
· Evaluates data, prepares forecasts, analyzes trends and presents results pertaining to sales, operations, general business conditions and other areas. Adapts new developments in the field of finance planning and control. Utilizes computers and other tools in the creation, display and reproduction of charts, graphs and models relative to the operations of the assigned organization and advises management as assigned.
· Serves as a recognized organization expert in specialized technical area of finance.
· Develops or engages others in developing conceptual solutions to complex, non routine problems and issues in a highly specialized area.
· Performs complex financial analyses, prepares related presentations and presents results including compilation and review of financial plans and budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures and estimated income and expenses.
· Identifies and communicates internal control issues for assigned area(s).
· Independently researches, acquires expertise, and develops solutions for advanced business problems and issues.
· Directs or participates on major projects with significant business impact.
· Effectively coaches and communicates with team members.
· Reviews and analyzes financial reporting processes to identify potential improvements.
· May participate on Top+ team, involvement in development and rollout of new processes or procedures and acts as division rep on committees or task forces.
· Ensures all work is compliant with Siemens policies and procedures; financial information is prepared in accordance with GAAP and Siemens and SBT accounting guidelines
· Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organizations technologies, business practices, issues faced, and problem resolution. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems.
Knowledge, Skills, Education & Abilities:
· Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related finance field. Certification or equivalent may be required in some areas.
· 8+ years Finance experience required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
· Experience with SAP and Microsoft Office programs.
Preferred, Skills, Education & Abilities:
· Prior leadership/ supervisory experience
*LI - KMB
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .