Siemens Field Service Technician II - Security Systems in Irving, Texas
Field Service Technician II - Security Systems
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 213503
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position is responsible forperforming service and maintenance on multiple product lines for card access and video surveillance. This person will own the customer call from the time they are dispatched to the client location through completion of work, keeping dispatch updated with the service and maintenance status throughout the process.
· Provides technical service to customer Card Access, Monitoring and Video Surveillance systems including technical support.
· Needs strong understanding of servers, clients, IP set up and the ability to reload systems.
· Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements. Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
· Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities. Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
· Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
· Conducts on-going system operation training for end user customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Minimum of 2+ year(s) of successful experience in working with commercial physical security systems (access control and cctv).
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Must be able to obtain Texas DPS security license.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· A current certification in Software House (C-Cure 9000), Genetech Security Center, Lenel OnGuard, Avigilon, OnSSI, Bosch, and/or DSC preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .