Siemens Field Service Technician 2 in Irving, Texas
Field Service Technician 2
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 201392
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Assist in coordinating, managing, implementing and performing service for new and existing systems and repairs
• Perform complex equipment trial runs, investigate tests, repairs and overhauls
• Performs complex and technically demanding work within technical or paraprofessional area
• Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is more difficult and complex
• Performs complex maintenance on tools, test equipment and completes documents
• At least an Associate’s degree of 1-2 years of vocational technical training .
• HS diploma or equivalent required
• Specialized training skills may be required
• Ability to work outside regular business hours
• Ability to work On call shifts
• Frequent inter-organization and external contacts
• Successfully demonstrates thorough/advanced knowledge of a technical area
• Provide general guidance to others
• More than 50% travel required
• Good communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .