Siemens Consulting Tech Support Engineer in Irving, Texas
Consulting Tech Support Engineer
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 212350
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics, LLC currently has opportunities for a Consulting Technical Support Engineer with eight (8) or more years of experience. The candidates will repair, maintain, test, install and integrate specialized solutions to process letter mail, flats and parcels for the United States Postal Service (USPS). These customized solutions involve material handling equipment, customized high speed electrical circuits, advanced character recognition technology, sophisticated machines, PLC safety and robotics. Ideal candidates will have prior conveyor systems experience in several of these fields.
• Performs on-site and in-house troubleshooting, installations, overhauls, and/or repair equipment for complex products and other related products to customers.
• Performs maintenance using tools, test equipment, etc., and completes document of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
• Performs in active programs to increase customer satisfaction.
• Performs trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls
• Guides the dissemination of complex product knowledge.
• Develops recommendations complex product needs of the customer to product design group.
• Completes coordination for new product introductions as they relate to product support.
• Independently performs full range of advanced work for the professional field.
• Applies advanced skills to resolve very complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
• Supports system integration with hardware and software development.
• Supports customer on-site field testing.
• Lead a team of 2-3 engineers in directing their tasks and responsibilities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and must be capable of pushing, pulling equipment on casters with assistance that can weigh as much as 1900lbs.
• Must be capable bending, crawling and work in tight spaces
• Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
• Knowledge of conveyor systems.
• Previous Supervisory and leadership experience is required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Travel: up to 20% required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .