Siemens Sales Executive - Building Automation Service Sales - Indianapolis, IN in Indianapolis, Indiana
Sales Executive - Building Automation Service Sales - Indianapolis, IN
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200909
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Industry, Inc. is seeking a sharp and technically-sound Sales Executive to join our Service Sales team in Indianapolis, IN. Specifically, we are looking for an individual who can sell Building Automation Technologies, Mechanical Services and Energy Services Solutions to improve the efficiency of existing facilities in a variety of markets throughout the Indianapolis area. The primary responsibility for the Sales Executive is to drive Service projects by upgrading and renewing service contracts. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a global engineering powerhouse offering huge developmental potential.
• Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned markets while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
• Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
• Successfully develops new, and expands existing accounts, in assigned market to achieve sales and profit goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
• Identifies key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
• Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential.
• Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
• Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
• Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
• Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Works with both small and large accounts and upper level decision makers practicing executive level selling skills to achieve highest level of account penetration.
• Independently drives business growth and desires to create an entrepreneur-like position within a strong established organization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement) and experience, or candidates with a related Bachelor’s Degree will also be considered
• 2+ years of experience with proven sales and/or account management skills in an industry with a type of sales cycle and customer interface that is similar to those of building automation, HVAC Controls, mechanical, or energy systems, although candidates with A Bachelor’s Degree as outlined above with less experience will also be considered
• In-depth building automation product and consulting service knowledge with strong technical and financial skills preferred but not required
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary
• Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan
• Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship
• Must be willing and available to travel 20%
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
• Extensive sales and product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .