Siemens HVAC Engineering Specialist II in Indianapolis, Indiana
HVAC Engineering Specialist II
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 210186
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Manages the execution of all projects designated as BT Works projects. Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, tracking, start up and commissioning multiple smaller projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
• Schedule, and manage the execution of projects designated as BT Works projects.
• Coordinate Branch and/or personal labor to achieve BT Works project completion schedules.
• Manage invoicing and all financial aspects of BT Works projects.
• Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
• Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
• Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and provides justification.
• Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors.
• May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
• Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .