Siemens Systems Engineer in Houston, Texas
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 200893
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Power & Gas (PG)
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
Systems Engineer – Controls, shall be responsible for supporting/ leading the development and execution of Automation & Controls work for packaging of Siemens small gas turbines, turbine driven units (compressors/ generators) and Motor driven compressors.
• This position is responsible for Control Systems for Packaging the gas turbines projects which requires control panel design, PLC programming, Instrumentation, testing , debugging, and assist during commissioning and start-up efforts.
• Develop the controls scope for the project, provide input to project cost estimates and schedules
• Develop control system architectures and complex network diagrams
• Proficient in Control Panel Assembly Design and General Arrangements
• Develop controls application using Softwares such as Siemens PCS7, Allen Bradley RSLogix Family.
• Develop PLC programming using ladder logic, statement text, function blocks and CFCs.
• Design and develop Control System hardware using Siemens ET-200 Family, S7-300/400 Family products and Allen Bradley ControlLogix, FlexLogix family products.
• Develop operator interface using HMI products such as RSView, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC
• Design controls architectures using communication Protocols such as Profibus, Ethernet, ControlNET, DeviceNET, Modbus etc.
• Design, develop and program Fire & Gas Systems such as Det-tronics
• Design, develop and program machine monitoring systems such as Bently Nevada
• Engineer shall review customer specifications and provide comments and feedback.
• Shall develop cause & effects matrix, function block diagrams and control narratives.
• Shall support production during the construction and testing.
• Engineer shall ensure all designs are compliant with applicable codes, standards and safety regulations
• Engineer shall also be responsible for supporting sales/ application engineering during the bid phase of the project.
• Shall have experience in writing test procedures, user manuals and technical proposals.
• Shall be part of kick off and design review meetings.
• Degree (BE) in engineering with 5 to 8 years of experience working as a Control Systems Engineer.
• Must have 5 years of experience in controls systems architecture and networking concepts. (ControlNet, Devicenet, Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus etc).
• Up to 5 years experience in Allen Bradley Control Systems hardware (ControlLogix, CompactLogix and FlexLogix etc) and software (RSLogix 5000, RSLinx etc)
• Up to 5 years experience in Siemens PCS7, Simatic S7, WinCC, Profibus etc.
• HMI development, configuration and implementation of Rockwell software. Programming using Factory Talk Systems
• Have basic understanding of principles of Gas Turbines and various systems of gas turbines including the fuel systems, auxiliary systems and basic concepts of driven units such as compressors and generators.
• Able to understand P&IDs and develop control system schematics, wiring diagrams and loop diagrams
• Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), SIL Levels and Safety Systems.
• Knowledge of industry standards such as ATEX, CE, IEC, NEC, API, etc.
• Possess a strong knowledge of design, specification and implementation of software and/or hardware systems
• Strong communications, analytical, problem solving and organizational/planning skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .