Siemens Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Solutions - Houston TX in Houston, Texas
Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Solutions - Houston TX
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 212388
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/buildingtechnologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Senior Sales Executive to manage and grow our Houston, Texas business for our Building Automation Solutions group. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Sales Executive is to grow, develop, and manage contractor, consultant and developer relationships. This position will focus on specific vertical markets in the Houston / Southeast Texas area.
• Develops new and maintains existing business relationships with Design Engineering and Contractor Clients to position and create business cases to utilize Siemens Building Technologies solutions in their facilities and new construction projects. Typical decision-makers contacted include VP of Construction and Directors of Facilities.
• Maintains/expands these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts as well as create new customer relationships. Typical vertical markets targeted for this position may include Healthcare, Higher Education, Laboratory, K-12, State Government and / or Municipalities.
• Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
• Effectively assists consultant engineers with Sequence of Operations and Specification development for Building Automation Systems. Develops technical proposals, estimates, and Sales presentation while working with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors project execution. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in networking through professional organizations such as ASHRAE, AEE or USGBC to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
• Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Ideal candidate desires to consistently grow in professional knowledge and independently states current on market, business and product trends to deliver results to our clients.
• When managing current vertical markets, develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for current contractors and consultants and prospective clients.
• Team -with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products. Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention by building Trusted Advisor relationships with Contractors, Design Consultants and targeted end users.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships with all assigned contractors and consultants.
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technology offerings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• At least 5+ years of HVAC Controls industry sales experience preferred, although candidates with less than 5 years directly related industry sales experience will also be considered if the candidate has extensive operational experience and or a combination of Sales and Controls experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell technical solutions and service product lines.
• Must have a “hunter” sales mentality
• Related professional certifications preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for sponsorship.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
• Extensive sales and product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .