Siemens Sales Management-Safety Consulting in Houston, Texas
Sales Management-Safety Consulting
Job Family: Sales
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 200650
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
At Siemens, the safety consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related consulting services and products. The business has operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally. Through our solutions we provide clients realistic and accurate solutions, ensuring that their facility is operating within safe limits and per industry guidelines and best practices.
In order to support the ongoing growth of the business, we are seeking to appoint to the position of Manager of Sales & Proposals for the safety consulting practice within our US Business who will focus on developing and maintaining sales and business development activities within the North America region.
• Devise and implement the market and account strategies for the business, focusing on business development activities for the safety consulting portfolio including engaging high value clients in North America, and working with Siemens inter-company business in other regions to deliver or support direct sales.
• Providing domain know-how, commercial acumen and an ability to interpret technical requests based on customer needs and responding with Siemens solutions that articulate our value proposition.
• Along with the sales team qualify sales pursuits effectively leading to creative and innovative commercial and technical offers that meet customer needs.
• Develop and manage a strong and sustainable pipeline of qualified prospects and opportunities, to drive growth and revenue for the business and exceed business targets.
• Providing effective customer relationship management and working in conjunction with the sales staff, delivery teams, and business stakeholders to deliver high levels of service and ensure high customer satisfaction is achieved.
• Exceeding commercial and operational targets set by the business, such as those regarding pipeline, bookings, profitability, sales budget, market and client growth.
• Develop and provide forecasting, budgeting and other forms of reporting as needed.
• Providing input into wider business strategy that may include identifying markets, industry verticals, and client needs to expand current offerings resulting in delivering commercial initiatives, developing partnerships, and devising new value propositions that address the anticipated needs of current and prospective market and clients.
• Implementing and monitoring consistent, transparent sales processes for managing sales activities, to achieve sales objectives and to affect continuous improvement in its efficacy and efficiency.
• Developing and managing a team of sales professionals and proposals staff by providing coaching, appraisals, training and mentorship to the team for their growth and development
Required Experience and Skills
• 10+ years of proven record of successfully developing and managing sales teams.
• 10+ years of direct sales performance showing progressive responsibility and ability to sell in a technically challenging environment
• Business development experience showing consistent development and growth of customer accounts and markets
• Must have current experience in the upstream and midstream oil & gas, refining and chemicals industry.
• BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or a closely related, pertinent field
• MBA desirable.
• Proven track record of working at senior levels in a business development and sales function and developing business within customers highest levels of the organization
• Demonstrate excellent commercial understanding, possess excellent communications, organizational, people-management and planning skills, and have a confident and flexible approach to their work.
• Entrepreneurially-minded, aggressive and motivated to grow business
• Bring thought leadership and a solid reputation in the market with a large network in the oil and gas industry that includes senior management contacts
• Availability to travel as needed. Travel is expected to be in the 50% range.
• Prior experience in selling the portfolio described above is strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .