Siemens Plant Management in Houston, Texas
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 211365
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Quality Superintendent managing inspector's certification program, ASNT Level III duties, calibration program, and production metrological lab.
Keep current certification and testing of 30 inspectors per ASNT requirements. Manage Calibration program and tooling database. Manage Metlab for production output.
• Overall responsibility - what will the person have to accomplish in this role
• Details of very specific job tasks and functions
• Writes and updates process documentation in conjunction with the Business Process Owner (BPO)/Sub Process Owner (SPO) process teams.
• Performs in deploying and improving processes, including consulting to process teams and to barrier removal teams.
• Completes complex metric collection plans and executing those plans.
• Sets process metric goals in partnership with the project lead, business segment head, and QP Manager.
• Drives process measurement initiatives, including scorecards and other metrics, which can also be used to drive process improvements.
• Shares best practices across the project team and/or the business segment.
• Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Impact of decisions on business operations can have a moderate to high level of impact.
• May develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
• May evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility.
• Identifies resource needs and may develop justification.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
• May recommend/ determine organizational structures and supervisory relationships for own segment of company.
• May be responsible for overall success of function or project.
• Supervises multiple employees, typically non-exempt administrative or technical employees, lower level exempt employees.
• Maintains performance management responsibilities for employees under purview and directs hiring, firing and promotion decisions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA Degree or Equivalent Experience
• ASNT Level III in PT, MT, VT and UT
• 8 Years of Technical proficiency
• 5% travel with this position
• 2 years of Quality Supervisory Experience
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations.
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action presented above.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .